Innovations in Science
Attendees are encouraged to submit abstracts for poster presentations during the conference. A select number of abstracts will be chosen for platform presentations. We are especially interested in submissions on the following topics focused on neuromuscular disease:
- Cardiac and Pulmonary Involvement in Neuromuscular Disease
- Care Across the Lifespan
- Cell-Based Modeling and Screening
- Clinical Trials
- Cognitive and Behavioral Aspects of Neuromuscular Diseases
- DNA and RNA Repeat Diseases
- Gene-Targeting Therapies
- Imaging and Biomarkers
- In Vivo Models and Experimental Therapeutics
- Inflammation, Immune Mechanisms and Therapeutic Approaches
- Newborn Screening
- Nuclear Membrane
- Outcome Measures for Neuromuscular Diseases
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Practical Implementation of New Therapies
- Protein Homeostasis
- Regeneration and Repair
- Strategies for Managing an MDA Care Center
- Technology in Healthcare
- What's New in CMT
- What's New in Inclusion Body Myositis
- What's New in Ultra Rare Neuromuscular Diseases
- Scientific- Other
The deadline for abstracts is Tuesday, January 15,2019. Abstracts must be submitted through the conference registration site. Submit Your Abstract Now! Submit Your Abstract Now!
We encourage conference participation by all who have a strong commitment to clinical care and therapy development in neuromuscular disease.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS TUESDAY, JANUARY 15, 2019
- Abstract title has a maximum of 150 characters (which includes spaces)
- Abstract text has a maximum of 2,000 characters (which includes spaces)
- A maximum of two abstracts may be submitted per attendee
- Include all names of contributing authors
- If contributing author is a trainee, indicate status as either undergraduate, predoctoral, (MS, MD, or PhD student) or postdoctoral.
- Indicate whether you would like your poster to be considered for an oral presentation.
- Figures and diagrams are not permitted in abstract.
- Include background, objectives, approach, results, and conclusions.
- All submitted abstracts will be presented at the poster sessions to be held Monday, April 15, 2019 (odd numbers) & Tuesday, April 16, 2019 (even numbers)
- The poster size is 36" WIDE x 48" HIGH (portrait orientation)
MDA 2019 Embargo Policy
Information in abstracts accepted for 2019 MDA Clinical and Scientific Conference will be under embargo from release until the start of the Conference, April 14th, 2019. Data from abstracts of all accepted oral, digital oral and hard copy poster presentations accepted for the conference are under media embargo until the date and time of their presentation as part of the official scientific sessions.
- Grants at a Glance
- Research Grants
- Creating a New Therapy
- What We've Achieved
- MDA Venture Philanthropy
- MDA Annual Conference
- MOVR Data Hub
- Newborn Screening for Neuromuscular Diseases
- Cost of Illness of Neuromuscular Diseases in the US
- Contact Our Research Team