Innovations in Care
A few of our favorite offerings, jobs and resources you won't want to miss!
- Jobs at MDA: If you're seeking to start or advance your career with a purpose, MDA is an employer that will enable you to #LiveUnlimited. We're committed to recruiting, hiring, and promoting people with disabilities and veterans. Search for jobs near you.
- Jobs at Microsoft: Microsoft’s Mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We believe that people with disabilities have incredible strengths that we need to help us build the best products and services for everyone. Visit Microsoft Inclusive Hiring and see what it’s like to work for Microsoft!
- Respectability Fellowships: The National Leadership Program is ideal for people who want to gain media, policy, communications and development skills and contacts while making a positive difference for people with disabilities. We are looking for creative, results-driven individuals who want to achieve breakthrough results while getting hands-on experience. The fellowship is for college and graduate students, as well as for people transitioning into the workforce for the first time or back into the workforce after a break. Apply today!
- AAPD Career Center: Looking for a job? Check out AAPD’s new Career Center – a tool for job-seekers with disabilities to search for employment opportunities as well as a place for employers to post jobs and connect with potential employees with disabilities.
- Test Prep Insight Scholarship: Not only is the Test Prep Insight team focused on providing high-quality, unbiased content about exams such as the MCAT, LSAT and GMAT, but we’re also committed to giving students with disabilities a better chance to achieve their professional goals. Our annual scholarship program allows us to level the financial playing field so that students with disabilities can earn the degree of their dreams. We want this group of students to be able to focus on academics rather than external financial circumstances. The submission deadline is November 30, 2020. For more information, click here.
- SortOutMy.Life: offers a $500 scholarship every 4 months to students who demonstrate how being organized and planning has positively affected their life success. Student must be graduating high school, current undergraduate or graduate student at a 2-year 4-year, vocational or technical institution in the US. Must be a US Citizen or permanent legal resident. An application is required to be filled out with 500 words max. Learn more here.
- MDA Engage Community Education, Seminars, and Webinars: We believe in the power of community and the importance of building relationships with families going through similar experiences. If you are an individual living with a neuromuscular disease, we invite you and your loved ones to attend our MDA Engage educational events taking place across the country and virtually. Visit here to learn more.