Young Adults Limited-Time Opportunities
A few of our favorite offerings, jobs and resources you won't want to miss!
- Jobs at MDA: If you're seeking to start or advance your career with a purpose, MDA is an employer that will enable you to #LiveUnlimited. We're committed to recruiting, hiring, and promoting people with disabilities and veterans. Search for jobs near you.
- Jobs at Microsoft: Microsoft’s Mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We believe that people with disabilities have incredible strengths that we need to help us build the best products and services for everyone. Visit Microsoft Inclusive Hiring and see what it’s like to work for Microsoft!
- Respectability Fellowships: The National Leadership Program is ideal for people who want to gain media, policy, communications and development skills and contacts while making a positive difference for people with disabilities. We are looking for creative, results-driven individuals who want to achieve breakthrough results while getting hands-on experience. The fellowship is for college and graduate students, as well as for people transitioning into the workforce for the first time or back into the workforce after a break. Apply today!
- AAPD Career Center: Looking for a job? Check out AAPD’s new Career Center – a tool for job-seekers with disabilities to search for employment opportunities as well as a place for employers to post jobs and connect with potential employees with disabilities.
- Route 79, The Duchenne Scholarship Program- SAREPTA Therapeutics: offered to individuals with DMD perusing their post-high school education! Up to $10,000 will be awarded to each recipient. To learn more about the great opportunity please follow this link. Applications are due, May 31, 2018 at 11:59 pm PT. Recipients will be announced July 2018.
- Sleep Titan Scholarship Program: Offering a $1000 scholarship to students who are either currently attending or who are planning to attend a college or university during the 2018-2019 year(s). Students must be in good standings with their institution academically. For more information regarding application process please follow this link. Deadline is December, 31 2018.
- Spine Mattress Guide Research and Writing Scholarship: Offering a $1000 scholarship to students who are creative. This is available to High school, college & university students, Minimum GPA: 2.50, citizen of the US, junior, senior or graduate student, all subjects can apply. For more information please follow this link. Deadline December 15, 2018.
- SeniorAdvice.com Senior Caregiver Scholarship: Offering a $2,000 scholarship to students who have been a caregiver of any capacity to a senior friend or relative. This scholarship will be for students who will be attending college in fall of 2018. For more information please follow this link. Deadline July 15, 2018 will be notified by August 1, 2018.
- 18 Different Scholarships for Individuals with Disabilities: Please visit this site for 18 different scholarships for those with disabilities. Scholarships range on type and value. Closing dates start as early as October 15, 2017 and go until August 31, 2018.
- Geekermag Scholarship for Deserving Candidates: awarding $1,000 in scholarships to students who are pursing courses in Medical, Technical, Nursing, Law and Arts. Applicants must prepare an essay according to the guidelines provided on their web page. Which can be viewed here along with the application process. Application deadline is December 10, 2017 & May 10, 2018.
- U.S. Department of State’s Gilman International Scholarship Program: The U.S. Department of State's Gilman International Scholarship Program broadens the student population that studies and interns abroad by supporting undergraduates who might not otherwise participate due to financial constraints. It is an inclusive program that encourages participation of students who have been historically underrepresented in education abroad, including students with disabilities. The Gilman Program provides awards of up to $5,000 for study or intern abroad for summer, semester, or academic year programs. Applications for Summer and fall 2018/ Academic Year 2018-2019 is currently open and all eligible students are encouraged to apply! Apply today!
- Halcyon Incubator Fall 2018 Fellowship: Halcyon Incubator is now accepting applications for their Fall 2018 Fellowship! Halcyon provides aspiring social entrepreneurs and changemakers like you with a place to live and work in DC, a $10,000 stipend, mentoring, leadership coaching, and access to potential investors. Pro-bono partners provide free legal, consulting, and communications support for your venture. Halcyon takes no equity and is committed to supporting you along your entrepreneurial journey. Please submit your application before April 4, 2018 at 5PM EDT.
- BMO Capital Education Scholars: If you are a current undergraduate, graduate, or full-time continuing studies student who is attending a four-year university in the U.S. or Canada, has an interest in a career in Financial Services (focus on Capital Markets preferred), and happens to have a disability, we strongly encourage you to apply! Full eligibility requirements and how to apply here.
- Mobility Equipment Webinar by MDA: Finding the right mobility equipment can be stressful. Wheelchairs, scooters and mobility equipment aren’t one size fits all. Finding the right mobility equipment to meet the needs of an individual living with neuromuscular disease takes time and research. This webinar provides tips on how to get started ahead of time to determine the best option for you or a loved one. View it here.
Conferences, Trainings and Networking
- 2018 Speak Foundation Conference: The Speak Foundation is a non-profit organization that seeks to connect the lives of those living with neuromuscular disorders. They have experienced first-hand just how refreshing and comforting it is to feel like you are finally surrounded by others who just “get it!” The annual conference is open to individuals of all ages and families who are affected by a neuromuscular condition. They welcome families, caregivers, and those who may be living with different disabilities to attend as well. Each year, they provide a context for relationship building. They work hard each year to plan a conference that strikes just the right balance of providing sessions that cover topics that matter most to the NMD community and also providing free time for attendees and their families to relax, enjoy outings, and connect with each other.
- Request Services
- MDA Care Centers
- MDA Summer Camp
- Young Adult Programs
- Clinical Trials Finder Tool
- MOVR Data Hub
- Quest Magazine
- Other Resources