Innovations in Care
Young adults with neuromuscular diseases are making incredible contributions in the workforce. After defining your goals, honing your resume and interview skills, and exploring general job-search resources, check out the links below for resources specific to job seekers with disabilities. Remember, many jobs are found through networks, so don’t neglect conducting informational interviews!
- Jobs at Microsoft: Microsoft’s Mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We believe that people with disabilities have incredible strengths that we need to help us build the best products and services for everyone. Visit Microsoft Inclusive Hiring and see what it’s like to work for Microsoft!
- State Departments of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Vocational Rehabilitation Agencies
- Lime Connect
- USA Jobs
- Resume Baking
- Disability.gov's Guide to Employment
- Easterseals Workforce Development Services
- Where Can I Get Information About Job Training Programs?
- Going to Work: A Guide to Social Security Benefits and Employment for Young People with Disabilities (2011 edition)
- National Collaborative on Workforce and Disability
- National Parent Center on Transition and Employment Vocational Rehabilitation Guide
- Think Beyond the Label
- USBLN Rising Leaders Program
Career Resources (not specific to physical ability)