Medical Educational Resource
Transitions in Care in DMD Patient #2 - Successful Transition In Process
Supported in part by a medical education grant from PTC Therapeutics, Inc.
This case study will explore transitions in care in DMD in patient #2 (16-year-old male). The focus of this case study is on successful transition in process.
- Best practices leading up to official transition of care to adult providers
- Medical considerations in the management of DMD during transition (e.g., pulmonary and cardiac comorbidities, maintenance of steroid treatment).
- Fostering independence during clinic visits
- The importance of psychosocial intervention and facilitating patient engagement opportunities
- Financial considerations that may impact access to care