Golf Events from Coast to Coast Bring Lifesaving Funds for Families Living with Muscular Dystrophy, ALS, and Related Neuromuscular Diseases
New York, NY – March 30, 2023 – Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) announced registration for fundraising events at championship golf courses from coast to coast from March through November 2023. These events raise funds for the organization's mission to accelerate research, advance care, and advocate to empower families living with muscular dystrophy, ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, aka Lou Gehrig's disease), and related neuromuscular diseases to live longer more independent lives.
2023 MDA golf events open for registration:
- March 30, 2023 - MDA Orlando Golf Classic – Disney's Palm Golf Course, Orlando, FL
- May 15, 2023 – FFMD Muscle Classic NY Golf Tournament – Bay Shore, NY
- May 18-19, 2023 – Mike Bellotti's 30th Annual Toast to Strength, Golf & Gala - Eugene, OR
- July 18, 2023 – 19th Annual Edgar Martinez Golf Classic – Newcastle, WA
- September 14, 2023 - Enterprise Holdings Golf Outing – Montgomery, AL
- September 20, 2023 - Boston Muscle Team Golf Outing – Plymouth, MA
- September 25, 2023 - Tanks Direct Muscle Classic Golf Tournament – Queenstown, MD
- November 14, 2023 - Muscle Classic South Florida Golf Tournament – Plantation, FL
"We are grateful to all our partners, families, and supporters who have a love for the game of golf, and who want to contribute to the mission of the Muscular Dystrophy Association. MDA is at the forefront of genetic medicine thanks to the philanthropy of generous donors to improve the lives of people living with neuromuscular diseases. Hope for a longer, more independent life is now becoming a reality for families living with genetic diseases,” said Jeremy Kraut-Ordover, Chief Development Officer, MDA. "Funds raised from events like these have led to more than 21 FDA approved treatments for neuromuscular diseases in the past two decades, and the pipeline in 2023 will bring even more progress.”
About Muscular Dystrophy Association
Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) is the #1 voluntary health organization in the United States for people living with muscular dystrophy, ALS, and related neuromuscular diseases. For over 70 years, MDA has led the way in accelerating research, advancing care, and advocating for the support of our families. MDA's mission is to empower the people we serve to live longer, more independent lives. To learn more visit mda.org and follow MDA on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn, and YouTube.