Drink One for Dane does it again! Dutch Bros and customers raise more than $1.3 million dollars to help end ALS
GRANTS PASS, Ore. (May 17, 2019) – Dutch Bros Coffee and its customers raised more than $1.3 million during its 13th annual Drink One for Dane day. This is the second year in a row Dutch Bros has broken the $1 million dollar mark in a single day of fundraising. The nation’s largest privately owned drive-thru coffee company donated proceeds from each drink sold at all of its locations on Friday, May 10 to the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA), the leading non-profit in ALS research and services.
Dane Boersma founded Dutch Bros with his brother, Travis, in 1992. Dane passed away from Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) in 2009. Dutch Bros and the Boersma family started Drink One for Dane as a way to bring awareness to, and support research to find a cure for, the disease.
“Each year our customers come out and show how much they care about finding a cause and cure for ALS,” said Brant Boersma, Dane’s son and chief culture officer of Dutch Bros. “I’m grateful for their support and so honored to be part of such an amazing event.”
Over the last 13 years, Dutch Bros customers have helped the company raise more than $6.1 million for the MDA. This year, for the first time ever, the company launched an online donation portal.
“I’m humbled every year by the generosity of our family of customers, broistas, operators and owners,” said Travis Boersma, CEO and co-founder of Dutch Bros. “They’re truly making a difference in the lives of thousands of people and their families. Together, I know we can end ALS.”
Much of the money raised since 2007 has gone to support MDA’s ALS-designated multidisciplinary care centers for patients, as well as to fund research for a cure.
“All of us at the Muscular Dystrophy Association are extremely proud of our partnership with Dutch Bros Coffee and the tremendous impact it has had in our effort to end ALS. Over the past 13 years, we have collaborated from the ground up, the top down and everywhere in between – and we’ve become family. Together, we will find a cure for ALS,” said Lynn O’Connor Vos, President and CEO, Muscular Dystrophy Association.
To find a Dutch Bros location near you, visit https://www.dutchbros.com/locations
- About Us
- Our Impact
- National Ambassadors
- Quest Magazine
- Art Collection
- Press Room
- Contact Us
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) News
- Drink One for Dane does it again! Dutch Bros and customers raise more than $1.3 million dollars to help end ALSMay 20, 2019
- Drink One for Dane: Dutch Bros and Customers Team Up With Muscular Dystrophy Association to Accelerate Research for Treatments and Cures for ALSMay 6, 2019
- Muscular Dystrophy Association Launches Multi-Faceted ALS Awareness & Fundraising Campaign Leading the Way for Life-Saving ALS Research & CareApril 30, 2019
- Muscular Dystrophy Association Awards Eight Grants Totaling More Than $2 Million for ALS ResearchApril 8, 2019
- GPM Investments, LLC Raises More Than $244,000 to Help Kids and Adults with Muscular Dystrophy, ALS and Related Neuromuscular Diseases via Holiday PinupsFebruary 7, 2019