Quest Editor-in-Chief Mindy Henderson can address:
(1) The importance of the MDA content including the Quest Podcast; (2) The impact of the MDA Quest Podcast on the neuromuscular disease community; (3) how the MDA Quest Podcast furthers the Muscular Dystrophy Association’s ‘Disability as Diversity’ movement; (4) MDA’s value in raising awareness and funding research, care, and advocacy for the the neuromuscular disease community.
Mindy Henderson, Director, Quest Editor-in-Chief, MDA Bio:
Mindy Henderson is a motivational speaker, writer, Editor-in-Chief of the Muscular Dystrophy Association’s adaptive lifestyle Quest magazine, host of the MDA’s “Quest” podcast, host of “The Truth About Things That Suck” podcast, guest contributor of “Morning Motivations” on CBS Austin’s “We Are Austin” lifestyle morning show, and was named an “Austin Woman to Watch” in the May 2021 issue of Austin Woman Magazine’s annual “Women to Watch” issue.
After a 20-year career in high-tech, Mindy shifted her focus toward helping others realize their potential. Driven to build a world that welcomes and includes EVERYONE, Mindy is an advocate for the community of disabled individuals and works to amplify conversations around employment, air travel, media representation and fashion for people with disabilities.
Her upcoming book, also titled The Truth About Things That Suck, brings hope and encouragement to readers who are either working to overcome something, who have faced a challenge in the past that they haven’t been able to move on from, OR that will inspire and help prepare those who may not have an imminent challenge, but will inevitably face hard times in the future. As Mindy says, “Adversity is not an excuse – it is a reason. It is a reason to thrive and to push ourselves to excel.” In this book, Mindy will help you create the mindset where you can see possibilities instead of limitations.
Mindy helps others see how to live more productively and positively. Her mission is to inspire people to understand that when they take responsibility, stop making excuses and OWN their adversity, they become stronger people and true potential is revealed.
Quotes from Mindy Henderson
“We created the Quest Podcast to shine a light on the lives of people who live with a disability. The podcast format will make it possible for us to take a deep dive into the issues affecting our community and the topics that are on everyone’s mind, like travel, dating, accessibility in architecture and employment, to name a few.” – PRNewswire
“It is so meaningful for me to host the Quest podcast and create a space for people within the neuromuscular disease community to discuss the issues that impact us, such as travel, dating, and accessibility.” “Serving as part of MDA’s ‘Disability as Diversity’ movement, this podcast is particularly important in September’s Muscular Dystrophy Awareness Month because it not only amplifies our community’s voice, but also educates a wider audience to create more inclusivity and change.” – Muscular Dystrophy News
- MDA Quest Podcast
- MDA’s ‘Disability as Diversity’ movement
- Issues affecting the neuromuscular disease community, including travel, dating, accessibility in architecture and employment
Mindy Henderson in the Media
- Mindy Henderson Sheds Light on the MDA Quest Podcast
- Mindy Henderson Shares the Impact of the MDA Quest Podcast
- Mindy Henderson Ties MDA Quest Podcast to MDA’s ‘Disability as Diversity’ Movement
- Mindy Henderson Talks Impact of MDA on Neuromuscular Disease Community
- Email: email@example.com