Medical Educational Resource
Transitions in Care in DMD Patient #3 - No Transition Plan
Supported in part by a medical education grant from PTC Therapeutics, Inc.
This case study will explore transitions in care in DMD in patient #3 (23-year-old male). The focus of this case study is on no transition plan.
- Best practices leading up to official transition of care to adult providers
- Medical considerations in the management of DMD during transition (e.g., pulmonary and cardiac comorbidities, maintenance of steroid treatment).
- Fostering independence during clinic visits
- The importance of psychosocial intervention and facilitating patient engagement opportunities
- Financial considerations that may impact access to care
Copyright 2021 Muscular Dystrophy Association. All rights reserved. The Medical Education Program(s) in their entirety (including, but not limited to: webinar(s), speaker deck presentation(s), MDA Monthly Report content and case studies) are owned by Muscular Dystrophy Association and the associated partner(s) and may not be copied, reproduced, or altered in any manner without MDA’s prior written consent except that the User(s) may download, view, or use these program(s) for educational purposes only.
If you wish to alter any of the Medical Education Program(s) presented by the MDA in a form other than what is set out on mda.org, please consult firstname.lastname@example.org.