Innovations in Care
MDA Engage - New Jersey
Saturday, June 3, 2023
9:30am - 4:30pm
Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village
201 Village Blvd, Princeton, NJ 08540
Join us for this one-day educational event for people living with a neuromuscular disease (NMD) and their loved ones. Each symposium offers multiple learning sessions focused on increasing disease understanding, navigating critical life transitions, and supporting access to independence.
Being held in Princeton, New Jersey on June 3, this Engage symposium will offer two disease-specific tracks, ALS and SMA, and a Quality-of-Life track with sessions that are applicable to all individuals living with neuromuscular disease. Attendees will also have the chance to connect socially with others in the community and browse our Community Resource Hall to learn more about other local community, government, and industry organizations.
MDA is pleased to have Dr. Matthew Harms from Columbia University chairing this Engage Symposium.
Matthew Harms, MD
Member, MDA Medical Advisory Board
This program is provided at no cost, but registration is required. Breakfast and lunch will be served.
- Keynote Address
- Matthew Harms, MD, Columbia University
- Caring for Your Mental Health
- Areti Vassilopoulos, PhD, Yale University
- Legislative Advocacy: Raising A Collective Voice for Change
- Mark Fisher, Director of Advocacy Engagement, MDA
- Staying Connected to Research
- Angela Lek, PhD, Vice President of Research, MDA
- What’s New in ALS Research?
- Lyle W. Ostrow, MD, PhD, Temple University
- Respiratory Care in ALS
- John Hansen-Flaschen, MD, University of Pennsylvania
- Tips and Tricks of Daily Living with ALS
- Sara Feldman, PT, DPT, ATP and Mark Goren, OTR/L, CHT, Temple University
- Updates in Research and Clinical Trials for SMA
- John Brandsema, MD, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Transition to Adulthood: College, Work, and Relationships
- Panel Discussion with Young Adults Living with SMA
- Orthopedic Aspects of Spinal Muscular Atrophy: Evolving Treatments in the Age of Gene Therapy
- Jason Howard, MD, Nemours Children's Hospital
*Agenda subject to change
For sponsorship opportunities or question about these events, please email MDAengage@mdausa.org or call 1-833-ASK-MDA1 (1-833-275-6321) and we’ll be happy to help!